I grabbed this link via @smartbitches twitter feed.
Check list from The Made Thing~posted with permission.
LOCAL NEEDS LIST : CHECK HERE
This list is specific needs for individual families that have asked for certain items. I’ll be updating this as time goes on, including adding a mailing address to send donations to.
Money Donations for Mayflower and Vilonia Tornado
If you’re not local to Arkansas, the best thing you can do is donate money to relief organizations and earmark it for our area.
- Red Cross – You can go here and do a “quick donation” for a general disaster relief fund. I expect they will set up a specific cause you can donate to later and will update this information as I get it. Even if you’re not here, they always need blood. You can also donate $10 by texting the word “REDCROSS” to 90999.
- The Salvation Army – Fill out this donation form to specifically donate to the Arkansas tornado relief. You can also mail checks to The Salvation Army Disaster Relief, PO Box 738, North Little Rock, AR 72115-0738 and write Arkansas Tornado Relief on the check memo line. To donate $10 to the general disaster ref lief fund, text “STORM” to 80888. You can also call 1-800-725-2769.
- United Methodists of Arkansas – They have a fund set up too. Donate here.
- Mosaic Church – A few families at this church were affected and are accepting donations.
- Arkansas Rice Depot – Text “FEED” to 74700 to make an immediate $5 or $10 donation. You can also go to www.ricedepot.org and click “GIVE TODAY.”
- United Way – Our local Conway office is taking donations on their website. Scroll down past the list of local needs to the button!
- Kangabloo – An local online marketing company is selling t-shirts to benefit and collecting donations. Order one for $15 and help victims!
Local Donations for Mayflower and Vilonia Tornado
If you’re here in Central Arkansas, we need supplies. You can bring the requested items to these locations.
- Apostolic Church in North Little Rock accepting donations beginning at 9 a.m. Monday to “Stuff the Truck.” Donations of tarps, flashlights, batteries, hand sanitizer, non-perishable food items, gloves, toiletries, chainsaws, blankets and bottled water can be dropped off at 4315 Landers Rd. in North Little Rock. They can be reached at 501-945-2655.
- Holiday Inn Express in Maumelle will be a drop off site for donations . They need bottled water, non perishable food items, blankets, clothes, baby items, books and stuffed animals. Holiday Inn Express is located at 200 Holiday Dr, Maumelle, AR 72113.
- The Van is accepting donations (currently) at the cafe across the street from 8 Mile gas station on 64. Check their Facebook for more info. You can donate cash to The One (the organization behind the Van) online. The Van is in Vilonia right now helping out.
- Faulkner County SPCA – They need tarps, tents, crates, and dog kennels, dog food, cat food, horse food, medical supplies, bandages, tape, gauze, soft towels, or baby blankets. You can donate these items to the 8 Mile Store in Conway. There is also a lost and found pet Facebook page, although not associated with the SPCA. If you find wandering animals in the area, check there.
- Stratton’s Market – They’re taking collections on Monday and Tuesday. Bring clothes, blankets, non-perishable food, etc.
- Family Life Bible Church - (150 S. Hogan Ln) will be collecting items for local tornado relief shelters. Beginning at 9:30 a.m. Monday. They need water, nonperishable snack items, new blankets and pillows, and large tarps. They’re collecting until 4:30 each day until further notice.
- Boys and Girls Club of Bryant- Collecting donations of non-perishables, water, clothing. Drop off between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Located at 6401 Boone Road in Bryant.
- Mayflower High School and Middle School Shelters- They need blankets, cots, pillows and snacks. John Pipkins or Doug Jones will accept donations there.
- Arkansas Women Bloggers - One in our ranks was hit. We’re collectingwomen’s small and size 6 pants and 8 shoes. Men’s xl and size 38 pants and 12 shoes. kids size 7 and 3 shoes. & 12-18 months and 3 shoes. Please call me at 501.825.0421 for pickup or make a Paypal donation to Stephanie (at) arkansaswomenbloggers.com with Leslie in the note. You can drop it off at Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church, 925 Mitchell street, Conway with another one of our members but be sure to mark them “Leslie.”
- Oak Bowery Baptist Church – 889 Otto Rd in Conway is accepting donations for relief efforts.
- Kroger & JCPenny in Batesville - They’re taking money donations inside Kroger to buy supplies and collecting bottled water, canned food, blankets, formula, diapers, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
- J. Tyler Pearson Fundrasier at La Huerta in Conway – This political fundraiser has been changed to a relief fund and donation center. We will be taking supplies and monetary donations. We will be collecting clothing for kids and adults, blankets, non-perishable food items, bottled water, baby items, toiletries, personal hygiene products, dog food, cat food, first aid supplies, over the counter medications, garbage bags, and plastic storage totes. It’s at 11:30 am at La Huerta in Conway. I will personally be there.
- Faith Assembly of God in Springdale - They are working on coordinating efforts. Check back with them if you’re in the area.
- Faulkner Co Extension Office- Collecting water, toiletries, etc., 4 storm victims. 110 S. Amity Road, Conway. 501-329-8344.
- Central Church of Christ- Please drop by the tarps, bottled water, work gloves, flashlights, hand sanitizer and other basics. For the victims themselves–toiletries (tissue, soap, diapers, etc.) This will begin at noon today. 823 W 6th St, Little Rock, AR 72201 (501) 374-2039 http://www.arcentralchurch.org/#/central
- Arkansas Rice Depot - They are making Disaster Meal Kits. Click here to view what is needed.
- First Baptist of Benton - They’re collecting Walmart gift cards to give out to affected families. Find out more here.
- United Way of Conway – They’re collecting supplies. Read the list here.
Volunteering in Mayflower and Vilonia for Cleanup
- Arkansas National Guard - Call 1-800-725-2769 to get an assignment from central command.
- New Life Church – Tornado Relief for Vilonia & Mayflower: Meet tomorrow at 8AM at NLC Conway. Bring chain saws & gloves. Wear hard sole shoes & ARDC shirts. #SERVErelief (New Life Church’s Facebook). They also have a tornado relief fund setup at the Arkansas Dream Center Page. Sign up for volunteeringhere.
- Beryl Baptist Church – Non-emergency volunteers can meet at the church at 873 U.S. 64 Business, Vilonia and receive passes and assignments to help with relief.