Yes. There are words that strike fear into my writer’s heart.
Why? I mean, they are just words. They mean as much or as little as I let them, right?
Unless they are words like…
- audit… (self explanatory)
- taxes… (self explanatory)
- synopsis (choke… I’m not organized by nature…knowing this, that should be self explanatory)
- promo (okay, this doesn’t strike fear into the heart of me. Just loathing. I hate promo. But it’s a necessary evil.)
- head shot (if you’ve been hanging around my blog long? You already know this)
- going back to contract (yeah, yeah, that’s not a word…it’s a phrase, and it’s alternately terrifying and exciting. But what if they don’t WANT ANYTHING!!!! whimper…)
- cover conference (this is what they call it when they are getting together to start planning your cover. Since covers are hugely important??? that’s why I fear this even as I get all tingly and excited)
Do you have fear words???
4 Replies to “Words I Fear”
Yes I do:
Can I talk to you for a minute?
Do you know who did this?
Like you more phrases but still you understand.
“Synopsis” is one of mine as well. 🙂
You schedule has been changed.
When any my little ones say Awwwwwwwwwww….followed by silence.
That phrase stops me in my tracks.
Comments are closed.