Dominic snorted. “Well, hell. She’s got a lot in common with me, already.” He braced his pool stick on the ground and watched as Ana made her way through the people, heading for the small library tucked off to the side of the rec room.
The rec room was crowded, but for a rainy Saturday evening, that was to be expected.
All too aware of the vampire’s interest, Duke focused on the pool table. The edgy, twitchy sensation in his gut expanded and he shot a dirty look at the window. He didn’t mind water. But he hated getting drenched and if he shifted in that downpour, he’d end up soaked to the bone.
He needed to shift, though. Had to do something to release the edgy, nagging tension that had been building inside him over the past few weeks.
“You know her?”
Duke lined up his shot and took it before straightening and meeting Dominic’s gaze. “There’s close to five hundred students in this school—you think I know them all?”
Dominic shrugged. “Well, you know her well enough to say she shouldn’t be here.”
Duke could have bit his tongue off. Yeah. He had said that. “Her name’s Ana. She’s a psychic, here to get that under control, not because she’s Hunter material.”
Running his tongue over his teeth, Dominic cocked his head, watched as she disappeared through the doors leading to one of the numerous libraries. “She’s cute—blonde. Shit, I love blondes. And I bet she’s blonde all over…”
She was—a memory he’d tried damn hard to forget came rushing up, the night she’d suckered him in, on the trunk of her car. He’d followed her out there, didn’t bother to tell his partner he was heading out, too focused on the woman and the hunger he scented coming from her. Too focused, too impatient to wait, once they’d reached her car, he pulled her against him and kissed her, deaf, dumb and blind to everything but her.
Just a quick reminder on the contest:
- Runs through 12/1.
- Read the complete rules here.
- Comment @ my blog (Not via facebook, amazon, myspace, etc) to enter. Each comment gets you one entry. You can enter via blog comments once each day.
- If you post a link to the contest and then email me @ contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com, that will get you an additional ten entries. Put link in the subject line.
- If you preorder and forward the receipt to contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com, that will get you an additional twenty entries. Put receipt in subject line. Please remove all sensitive personal data.
- You can enter each way-if you post a link, comment and preorder, that is 30 entries, as well as one entry for each day you visit the blog to comment. You could get up to fifty entries for the grand prize.
- Names will not be shared/sold/traded/spraypainted on a billboard.
- Please note, to enter for the small daily giveaways done during the week, you must comment @ my blog.
- Daily giveaways will be Monday-Friday. Winners will either be posted here or notified via email so please make sure you check back often.
- Please do not cheat-trying to comment more than once a day, using different names/emails, is cheating and you’ll likely end up disqualified and barred from entering future contests.
- Do not post to sweepstakes sites. These contests are for current and potential readers and I do not want to them to be posted at sweepstakes sites. Should this contest end up at sweepstakes sites, I reserve the right to end the contest without warning and without giving away the rest of the prizes in the contest.
- Each (daily) contest thread will be closed within a day or two of its original posting. So enter while it’s open!