(I’m also including the signing at Turn the Page bookstore).
- People travel from Ireland and England to meet Nora Roberts. Like Sarah from Smart Bitches said… Nora is her own travel destination.
- It’s okay to raid your mom’s jewelry stash for booksignings… cuz I did. And Nora Roberts Liked My Necklace. It’s mine now. Not Mom’s. I called her and told her I could never return it, it’s like my good luck thing. She understood. (She laughed, but she understood and gave it to me.)
- Antietam …I gotta go back.
- People define success in an odd way. I’m going to reevaluate how I look at it myself. More on that later.
- The WRWDC folks really know how to twist up the game Jeopardy. And that’s all I’m going to say about that…except…. THIS GAME IS NOT FAIR.
- There’s still a very heavy emphasis on the things an author must do. It’s odd that a lot of people don’t talk about the one thing I think is crucial. More on that later.
- I’m definitely going back to the WRW retreat.
- I’m going to consider how a surfer might look at things. More on that later.
- I met too many cool people to mention, but I did get to spend some time with chatting with Mary Burton, Jane Porter, Dorien Kelly, Darynda Jones and there was an epic, awesome road trip with Sarah Wendell from Smart Bitches.
- Also…most important, if you call your husband on a Thursday and the youngest tells you that she has a surprise for you and your gut tells you that the surprise barks…
Listen to your gut
2 Replies to “Some stuff I learned at the WRWDC Retreat”
That’s a great surprise! Glad you enjoyed your trip!!!
I can’t wait to read the follow up to this! Sounds like a very enlightening trip!
Comments are closed.