The #RT10 swag contest is now closed…winner to be posted shortly.
So Romantic Times 2010 is done for me. The big booksigning on Saturday is always chaotic. I had about 18-20 books, CHAINS, BROKEN & HUNTER’S NEED and sold all but five in the first hour. By 1:30, I had sold everything and just lingered until 2pm.
The volunteers at Romantic Times do an amazing job, and JoCarol does beyond amazing. I don’t know how in the world anybody organizes something like that. RT runs from Tuesday until Sunday and there are events through the day, every day, luncheons, reader parties, bookseller parties, vampire balls, fairy balls, you name it.
The bookfair was madness/insanity.
The parties were definitely interesting…and mostly fun. I’m not a party person, so just enjoying myself for the most part is a good deal.
I co-sponsored two parties with the rest of the vamps and scamps– a reader party and a bookseller luncheon. The luncheon was wonderful and I got to meet a lot of new booksellers and librarians, plus chat with some I had met before.
The reader party was insane and I hope the readers had a lot of fun-I was kind of wigged out when I saw there was a line. It wrapped around the balcony. For us. Whoa. It was twice the size of the party we’d previously had.
Some highlights that I posted on twitter:
- some highlights from #RT10….had a great time talking w/ Sheila and her DH from @cosproductions
- #RT10 Had my first panel. was w/ @Gennita, @cindygerard , @CaridadPineiro, @NinaBruhns, & Ann Voss Peterson. Hope I didn’t do too bad…
- #RT10 got to meet @ShannonKButcher and @longshotauthor (and um… you don’t much look like your author pic…)
- #RT10 Had a lot of fun chatting with @writerlu on Thursday afternoon.
- #RT10 also got to meet @JackieKessler & her newest, bestest friend–> @TheCreepyDoll, brought to RT by her mommy @dianarowland
- #RT10 had a lot of fun talking with @sylday and Shayla Black …several times, since I kinda crashed in their room. And in @writerlu ‘s
- #RT10 got to meet @katrchrdsn, @CarolynCrane , @Jeaniene_Frost , @cindygerard (and she had on the prettiest damn bracelet at our panel)
- #RT10. also had some fun talking with @authorerin, @groovykathy & @kaylaperrin
- #RT10 I also got to meet Anne Stuart and got a book signed by her. She’s another one of the romance authors I read that got me hooked
I met way too many people to possibly keep up with. Also some very cool peoples brought me presents…I adore presents. There were treats like white chocolate timtams, chocolate covered macadamia nuts, cookies… ice wine….
Another thing I got? Swag.
Lots of it.
Would you like some RT swag? It will include whatever I can fit into a priority mailer…probably a cover flat or two, maybe a book, some pens, etc.
If you’d like some goodies, just leave your name in comments. I’ll draw one winner. Remember my contest rules-you DO have to check back to see if you win. Will let the contest run for the next few days and post the winner to the blog.
The rest of the rules…
- Do Not forward to sweepstakes sites/loops/groups. Yes, I can tell when this happens and I reserve the right to end the contest without giving away the prize should this happen.
- By entering the contest, you attest that you are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in your country of residence.
- I reserve the right to end the contest early/change/modify as I see fit. (and if it ends up on a sweepstakes site, I am very likely to do this)
- entries are limited to one per household
- Open across the globe.
- You must enter via my blog-not through the notes on facebook, myspace, goodreads, etc.
- Read the rest of my disclaimer