If you belong to a book club, I’m interested in donating books for your club to read/discuss.
There are some requirements and some info to keep in mind.
- I can only do one book club a month
- I won’t necessarily be doing this every month.
- If your bookclub is selected, members agree to review the book chosen, either on goodreads, Amazon, blogs (all is fine, a combination is fine…not every member needs to post reviews, etc but it needs to be more than just one member. )
- I’m open to the idea of providing books internationally, but those books will likely have to be ebooks that are either from my epubs or my selfpub books. This is for a variety of reasons, including DRM and shipping logistics. I hope you understand. Please note, DRM is something I have no control over and I hope to see it die a natural death at some point in the near future. But again, I have no control so please don’t be mad at me.
- An online presence is helpful… goodreads, twitter, etc. It doesn’t have to be a website/blog for the club itself, but if several of the members blog, tweet, etc and are up for discussing the book, that’s awesome. The more, the merrier!
- The book selection isn’t a free-for-all. Some of my books are more readily available than others. I’m willing to work to provide print or ebook (provided I have that option *note the info about DRM* but some books aren’t as easy to obtain in print as others.
- It’s preferrable that if the book club doesn’t meet in person (ie; an internet book club) that the members be willing to take the book in ebook format, versus shipping books out to 15-20 different addresses.
- I will handle the shipping.
Again, keep in mind, in exchange for me providing the books to the group, I do ask for some reviews…. good or bad, all I want is honest opinions and some word of mouth.
Groups that are open to ebooks are likely to be considered for ARCs, etc, too. More and more ARCs are going the way of the digital, so please keep that in mind.
Are you a member of a book club? Think you all might be interested? You can leave your info in comments or email me at shilohwalker2011(at)gmail.com. I’ll need the name of the book club, whether you meet in person and how many members are involved. If you tend to focus on a certain genre or format, info like that is helpful since I write in a variety of genres and have books from both digital and traditional publishers.
Also, please note… this isn’t a contest. This isn’t a ‘odds are determined by number of entries’ and there isn’t anything needed to do to ‘enter’ per se. I’m going to try and switch things around, be as fair as I can, but I can only provide so many copies.
Whether or not this will be a monthly, or even a regular thing just depends on how well it goes.
What I’m trying to do right now is gauge interest, see if there is interest in it. Going forward, what I might do (assuming there is interest) is post books that I’d like to donate (I need to clear up some space) and then after that, I might start taking suggestions.