Contest is now over. Winning name to be drawn and posted in December.
THE MISSING releases in two months less than a month. Which means…time to start focusing on promo. Something I hate Something I’m trying to get better about doing.
Keeping in mind the fact that I told myself I’d do more promo this year, I’ve got a couple of contests I plan on doing for THE MISSING.
The first one is…
The Read All About It contest (an idea inspired by one Ann Aguirre did on her blog)
Why is it called the Read All About It contest? Well, because it’s kind of a theme thing, goes rather well with the other contest, which I’ll be posting at a later date.
The rules are pretty simple-the prize is going to be complicated, because it will involve book $$$, books, assorted goodies…possibly even an ARC of Fragile (although it may be one I print out and bind by hand, rather than those printed by the publisher-and it won’t be sent out until late 2008 or early 2009). I’ll give more details about the prize as time gets closer.
Prize will be:
- ARC of FRAGILE, my 2/09 release (this will not be mailed until January)
- Gift Certificate for $40 to the bookstore of your choice (as long as I can purchase the GC certificate online, you can pick whatever bookstore you want)
- Two books from my available backlist
- Goody bag.
Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive all prizes.
If you select a large chain bookstore, I reserve the right to buy a gift card that will then be mailed with your other prizes.
There are three ways to enter:
- Pre-order online, email me the confirmation number of your order and which online store you ordered from. Email to contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com. I do not require any personal details-name, method of payment, address, etc, etc,etc. I’ll get the info I need from the winner when the prize is given away. So please, no personal info, just the confirmation # and the store.
- Wait until it releases on 11/4, buy it at your favorite local bookstore and then email me the receipt # and the name of store you bought it from. Email to contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com. I do not require any personal details-name, method of payment, address, etc, etc,etc. I’ll get the info I need from the winner when the prize is given away. So please, no personal info, just the confirmation # and the store.
- The no-purchase necessary option where you send in a postcard-for info on this method, please email me @ contest4shiloh(at)gmail.com and I’ll send you the details.
Shamelessly, I’ll admit, I’m trying to get as many sales during the week of release and/or as many online preorders as possible. While yes, I’m dying to see the words USA TODAY Bestselling Author or New York Times Bestselling Author by my name, and while yes, I absolutely love getting royalty checks, this isn’t entirely for selfish reasons-either monetary or images of glory.
Ya see…the more sales during release week, and the more online preorders, the better it looks to my editor. When things look really good to my editor, that means it looks really, really good for me in regards to getting her to buy future books. So career ambition greed is the main drive here…is career ambition greed more acceptable than money/glory? 😉
And to make it easier for those who’d just love to go and preorder (hey, I can dream right?), you can do so here:
If you’ve already preordered, just find the necessary info and email away! And be prepared…I’ll probably post this several times between now and November.
The boring yadda yadda…
Void where prohibited.
I’m not responsible for lost entries.
Open to everybody, even those outside the states. For those outside the States, please allow 6-8 weeks shipping after the contest ends.
As stated above, there is no purchase necessary to enter, however mailed entries must be received prior to 11/04/08.
No Duplicate entries. Duplicate entries may be deleted.
Winning name will be posted on the blog (first name only).
Online entries will be taken until 11/30.