Revised 3/15, effective 5/12/2011
First things first…
- This blog discusses romances. Sometimes erotic romances. Probably not the best place for those under 18…thank you!
- Please note, that if you are under 18 (or under the age of majority in your place of residence), do not enter any of my contests. By entering any of my contests, you attest that you are eighteen, or the age of majority in your place of residence.
- This blog also discusses opinions and if you do not like that…you can leave.
FYI. I am a writer.
- This blog is mainly for me to use for updates, contests, ramblings, the occasional personal promo, ramblings and that sort of thing. Anybody and everybody is welcome but be advised that if you come in here to spam my blog with your promo or if you come in just to start slinging crap around, your comments will be deleted. I want to keep the blog fun and friendly for readers and authors alike, so no BS is tolerated. No flaming is allowed and no personal attacks.
- I do discuss books but I’m not a reviewer. I do contests and give away books by various authors, but I don’t get any compensation from authors or publishers for this. I do it because it’s fun for those who read my blog and because I like to share books that I’ve enjoyed.
Contest Disclaimerrevised 3/17/2015
- Entry into any contest run by me means you’ve read and agreed to my disclaimer.
- Links to disclaimer are clearly posted on my facebook page and on the blog. Please read the disclaimer.
- By entering any contest of mine, you acknowlege a complete release of any and all claims against me, the author, Shiloh Walker/J.C. Daniels.
- Prizes must be claimed within 2 weeks of the winner’s name being posted or the prize is forfeit.
- Please do not forward contests on my blog onto sweepstakes sites or contest sites. I do these contests as a treat for my readers and to hopefully entice potential readers into trying out a new book or two. It’s not a sweepstakes site. Thank you!
- Naturally, void where prohibited by law
- Odds of winning various contests will depend on number of entries
- I don’t limit you to winning just one or two. BUT you can only enter EACH contest one time. Do not post under a couple of different IDs. (The only exception is twitter contests where multiple tweets are allowed.) Entering my blog contests under different emails… bad, don’t bother, I know when this happens.
- I reserve the right to modify/change/end contests early as I see fit. This is particularly likely to happen if I discover my contests on sweepstakes sites.
- Certain contests may be restricted to the US only. Most will be be open across the globe. If it doesn’t say, assume it’s open for international readers as well.
- All contest entries are limited to one per household.
- Suspicious entries might find themselves deleted.
- The blog posts from this blog do get imported to a few places, namely my Amazon author page and facebook. To enter any contests through this blog, people must reply AT the blog, http://www.shilohwalker.com/website/
- To claim prizes, you must contact me directly via email, unless told otherwise.
- Entering any contest means you’ve agreed to the disclaimer. Links to the disclaimer are clearly posted throughout my website.
- By entering, you release acknowledge a complete release from yours truly, Shiloh Walker from any claims.
- Unless otherwise noted, prizes are either purchased by me, or I picked them up at various writer events to use a giveaways here at the blog.
- Contest prizes are generally mailed within one month of being claimed, but on occasion, it can take up to six weeks. Please note, prizes are mailed with tracking and I’m not responsible for lost or misdirected packages.
Addendum for Contests Run on Facebook (6.2014)
In addition to rules above, the following rules apply to rules run via Facebook.
- Any and all promotions run via facebook are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Any information provided by those entering contests via facebook, that information is provided to Shiloh Walker (author), not Facebook. (I don’t collect info.)
- Participation in contests means you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- Participation in any contest via facebook is subject official rules (see rules listed above.)
- Entries are collected via facebook and winners are selected randomly via randomizer.org. No personal information is kept.
More information on facebook contests/rules/terms is available here.
And because of the new FTC rules:
This policy is valid from 19 October 2009
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. It is used for the promotion of my own work or to pass along information on books I’ve enjoyed, as well as discussion of writing life, mom life, sometimes-a-nurse life as well as other things that catch my interest.
- For questions about this blog, please contact email@example.com.
- This blog does from time to time have affiliate links to bookstores like Amazon.com or Powell.com. The links may or may not be clearly labeled. The compensation received from these affiliate links will not influence anything discussed or noted on this blog. Most of the links go to my work anyway and if you’ll pay attention, you’ll see that most of the time, I think my work sucks, so you definitely can’t claim I’m using my ‘influence’ to convince you to buy my work to I can get that piddling affiliate fee.
- The views and opinions expressed on this blog are my opinion-please note I do not claim to be an expert in any area. (As a matter of fact, I outright state: I am not an expert in ANY area, nor do i want to be.)
- Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Please remember, as this blog often discusses erotic romance and other topics not exactly suitable for those under the age of 18, please do not enter my contests if you are a minor.
Any questions…feel free to email me