UTA: Contest is now closed. Winners to be posted on 7/10. Please check back to see if you have won.
Look what I have…
From an author known for her “romantic spine tinglers” comes the thrilling follow-up to Through the Veil, featuring a beautiful captain who’s lost her magic—and the stranger who will either be her great love, or her greatest enemy…
With demons running amok throughout the forests and mountains, a rebel army has been established to win back the land—and a new soldier has appeared out of nowhere to join them.
His name is Xan, and his past is a mystery to everyone, including Laisyn Caar—a beautiful captain in the rebel army—who is shocked by the powerful, all-consuming desire she feels in his presence.
But now isn’t the time for distraction. The future of her land—and of her people—is in her hands. On top of that, she’s been stripped of her magic—and without it she feels like part of her soul has been stolen away.
But when she discovers the dark secrets of Xan’s agenda, it will be up to her to determine whether the man she’s starting to love is a friend of her people—or a dreaded enemy…
due out in September. Read an excerpt from the first book, Through the Veil
Want one? Tell me why you should get one… above anybody else. Please note-this is the second in a series-I do try to write my books to work on their own, but I know some people prefer to read series in order. If you’re not likely to read this because you haven’t read the first? Please don’t enter.
Okay, onto the contest. Now, I suggest you be creative and remember…these ARCs are basically an author’s promo tool…when I have contests like this, I often get a lot of sad little stories or I never win… um. Okay, let me be straight. I’m a mom, I’m a pediatric nurse (well not often these days, but still) and before that, I did geriatric nursing. Nobody has heard the kind of sob stories that nurses hear.
In other words…be creative…don’t try to tug on my heartstrings. Wow me, dazzle me, blow me away. Everybody can come up with a sad story, but sad stories don’t help me utilize these ARCs to their best potential and that’s what the ARCs are intended to be used for…promotional stuff.
Leave your entry here at the blog…(although if your entry is in the form of some clever online ploy…just leave a link to it in comments-be creative, REMEMBER!) convince me that you can do mad things for me (ie: help spread the word about the book) if you get one of these ARCs. In lieu of that, amuse me or entertain me. Sometimes that’s even better. But either make me laugh/smile, or convince me you do awesome promo/word of mouth, etc, etc. And if you get a jump on that and show me awesome word-of-mouth love, hey…I’ve got no problem with that. Just make sure you link to it so I can find it.
So why the contest? Well, it’s simple. Yes. I am fickle. Yes, I love contests and praise and flattery. But I only get a very limited amount of ARCs. Very. Limited. As in 15. Which is why booksellers ask me to added my list for ARCs, I cringe, because I get those requests too often and I can’t add everybody. It’s easier (and more fair) to do it this. A lotto of sorts. And I feel less guilty when I’m not able to say yes to one person-because I’ve told everybody the same thing.
(FYI, I do have one ARC I’m setting aside solely for a random giveaway, so if you’re not overly creative or inclined to amuse/promote, I will have a contest for just that)
Depending on the amount of clever/intriguing/wow me entries, I may be giving away several ARCs-we shall have to see.
Please do read the rules…all of them, including the part about my spam filter being very aggressive-it does catch comments with two or more links, but I will fish out all entries, so please do not email, comment, tweet, ask about why comments aren’t showing because that is why:
- Please note-my spam filter is aggressive. It’s going to catch and hold a lot of comments. I’ll clear these out. Please do not email/tweet/comment/otherwise ask why they don’t show-that is why.
- entries must be either left here in the form of a comment, or if you’re feeling creative (take that as you may), leave a link to where on the WWW I can find your entry-(although I do ask you to remember…um…I’ve got kids-don’t go linking me to anything that’s going to cause problems if my 8 year old is standing behind my shoulder. Since I’m judging these, I’m less likely to pick something that did or might cause me such issues… O.o
- You must check back to see if you win. The contest will go for about a week or so and entries will be posted in early July. If you do not claim the prize within a week, you are out of luck. The contest rules have been changed and you might want to read them-I no longer redraw names.
- Do not post this to sweepstakes sites. If that happens, I reserve the right to end the contest without awarding the prizes (and I likely will do this)
- For the rest of the rules… READ THE DISCLAIMER. Not to be harsh, but that’s why it’s there-if you enter my contests, that means you are stating you’ve read the disclaimer.